David Segarnick, PhD
Chief Medical Officer
For over 25 years, David has been in the trenches in many of the major blockbuster and niche product launches and is the architect of numerous scientific platforms underlying a “reason to believe” to support clinical differentiation for numerous major product introductions. His ability to translate highly complicated scientific information into effective brand messaging is invaluable to the team at Rarity Health.
- Graduate school and postdoctoral training at the NYU School of Medicine and the New York Veterans Affairs Medical Center in neuropharmacology
- Adjunct assistant professor, teaching pharmacology and product development to medical and graduate students at the Rutgers University/New Jersey Medical School
- Served on the faculty in the department of psychiatry at the NYU School of Medicine, Bellevue Hospital, and the New York Veterans Administration Medical Center
In his spare time, David plays classical and South American guitar and is an active member of the Philadelphia Classical Guitar Society. He holds a 3rd degree black belt in World Oyama Karate and continues to train hard each week.
- Therapeutic areas, such as anesthesiology, anti-infectives, cardiovascular disease (including VTE/PE), chronic pain, endocrinology/diabetology, gastroenterology, gene therapy, hematology, men’s and women’s health, oncology, rheumatology, neurology, psychiatry
- Medical strategist at the American College of Cardiology spearheading educational grant development across all clinical pathways to support cardiovascular disease education for their annual and regional meetings
- Authored more than twenty articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and has contributed several chapters in medical textbook
- Moderates more than 20 advisory boards, workshops and scientific platform development programs each year